Kitchen Fire Suppression Inspections in Houston
As a restaurant owner or manager, you recognize the importance of having a commercial kitchen fire suppression system. This equipment protects the most fire-prone area of the building, engaging automatically if flames are detected. Are you confident that your suppression system will function as intended if a fire breaks out? If it’s been a while since your last kitchen fire suppression system inspection, schedule a visit from Kauffman Co. today.
When To Schedule Kitchen Fire Suppression Inspections
You may not use your kitchen fire suppression system regularly — in fact, you hope you never have to use it — but you can’t let it be a case of “out of sight, out of mind.” The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requires professional inspections every six months. Keep in mind that fire suppression cylinders also require maintenance every six or 12 years, depending on the type of equipment you have.
Benefits of Professional Kitchen Fire Suppression Inspections
As a busy restaurant owner or manager, you might be preoccupied with running your business, but there are many benefits to making restaurant fire suppression inspections a top priority twice a year:
- Remain code-compliant: Businesses must adhere to federal and local fire codes. If you fall behind on kitchen fire suppression inspections, you could be out of compliance, possibly resulting in fines and penalties.
- Promote safety: You don’t have much time to react when a fire breaks out. That’s why you want peace of mind, knowing that your kitchen fire suppression system is ready to go. With inspections every six months, you can rest assured that the suppression system will handle it while your staff and patrons evacuate to safety.
- Reduce the risk of property damage: Your kitchen staff might be able to put out the flames using a fire extinguisher, but with a fully functional suppression system, you can put safety first and still minimize property damage. This reduces your financial losses and lets you reopen your restaurant faster following the incident.
Kitchen Fire Suppression Inspections From Kauffman Co.
The fire protection services from Kauffman Co. are designed to make your Houston business safe and compliant. When you rely on us to conduct kitchen fire suppression inspections, here’s what you can expect our technicians to do:
- Visually inspect conduit, nozzle, link line, and detector locations.
- Verify the tightness of piping and copper tubing.
- Cut a terminal test link to examine the system’s automatic actuation.
- Test the manual pull stations and electrical interlocks.
- Verify the functionality of electric and gas shut-offs.
- Replace center link housings and fusible links.
- Verify the gauge levels on pressurized tanks.
- Inspect the inside of non-pressurized tanks for corrosion.
- Record and verify the hydro test date on the regulator and all cylinders.
- Replace system cartridges as needed.
- Remove and clean nozzles.
- Record and report any evident deficiencies to the client.
24-Hour Emergency Kitchen Fire Suppression Services in Houston
If you think something is wrong with your kitchen fire suppression system, don’t wait until your next scheduled inspection to have it looked at. Kauffman Co. is available 24 hours a day to perform emergency repairs. With our help, your business will never be left vulnerable to an unexpected blaze.
Whether you need to schedule a one-time test, an emergency repair, or ongoing inspections for your commercial kitchen fire suppression system, call Kauffman Co. at (713) 893-1090. We offer comprehensive fire protection services in Houston, TX.