Corrections to Fire Code Violations in Houston
Houston Fire Code Corrections
If you own or manage a building in Houston, you must comply with fire codes established by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the state of Texas, and the Houston Fire Marshal Office. When you’re busy running a business, you don’t have time to learn the nitty-gritty details of relevant fire codes. Still, you must remain compliant if you want to avoid fines, litigation, and other problems.
Why Fire Code Compliance Is Important
There’s always the option to forgo code compliance, but this makes your building unsafe and increases the chance of loss of life and property in a fire. Choose Kauffman Co. to correct fire code violations so you can avoid:
- Costly fines: These negate any savings you might have enjoyed from ignoring certain fire codes.
- Embarrassing litigation: This can shine your business in a bad light and result in lost customers.
- Total shutdown of your business: If compliance issues are severe enough, the fire department may shut your business down entirely.
Common Fire Code Violations in Houston
Some fire codes are easy to fix—you simply need to learn about them and make a few changes throughout your building. Others require help from a certified fire protection expert. Here are six of the most common fire code violations we can help you correct:
- Blocked hallways and exits: It’s vital to keep all hallways and doors, especially emergency exits, unobstructed at all times.
- Lack of exit signs: If the power goes out, emergency exit lighting remains illuminated to guide the way.
- Missing or damaged fire extinguishers: NFPA 10 is an entire section devoted to selecting, installing, and maintaining portable fire extinguishers.
- No record of fire alarm inspections: NFPA 72 requires you to keep records of annual fire alarm inspections.
- Missing or damaged smoke detectors: These devices must be installed in the proper locations and tested regularly to ensure proper functionality at all times.
- Leaving fire doors open: NFPA 80 addresses fire doors and other opening protectives. This code requires fire doors to be kept closed except when being propped open by an approved device.
Many more fire code violations are possible in different types of buildings, each of which demands your attention if you want to keep your building safe and compliant. Codes can be so complex that some seem to contradict one another. Don’t worry—Kauffman Co. can help you navigate confusing fire codes.
Why Choose Kauffman Co. to Correct Your Houston Fire Code Violations?
If you want a fully licensed and insured fire protection expert to help you with code compliance issues, look no further than Kauffman Co. Over the past 35 years in the industry, we have helped countless businesses in the Houston area make the necessary corrections to overcome fire code violations.
We are incredibly well versed in national, state, and local fire codes, remaining up-to-date with the latest changes, so you don’t have to. Let us help you maximize your fire protection system so you can be confident that your building is safe and compliant.
Contact Us Today for Fire Protection Services in Houston
Kauffman Co. is proud to serve businesses throughout the Houston area with honesty, reliability, and affordable fire protection services. Our goal is to keep your building, employees, customers, and inventory safe from fire while helping you avoid fines, litigation, and other pitfalls of code compliance issues. Trust us to deliver all your fire protection needs!
Alvin | Angleton | Austin | Baytown
| Beaumont | Bellaire |
Clute | Conroe
| Deer Park | Dickinson | Freeport
Friendswood | Galena Park
| Galveston | Houston | Humble