Posted on August 15, 2016
/ Our Blog
/ Fire Protection for Texas Military Properties
Fire Protection for Texas Military Properties
The purpose of the military is to protect and defend our great country. However, these brave men and women deserve protection themselves when living and training at military bases.
That’s why Kauffman Co. takes fire protection for Texas military properties seriously. The hazards that exist here shouldn’t be left alone to endanger the men and women who would risk everything to defend their homes, family and freedom. Our fire protection services greatly reduce the risk of death, injury or property damage caused by fires on Texas military properties.
What Qualifies Kauffman Co. to Meet Your Fire Protection Needs?
After more than 35 years of providing fire protection services to commercial and residential buildings in Houston and the surrounding areas, Kauffman Co. has earned a reputation of excellence. As one of the most reliable fire protection companies in Texas, we’re confident we can handle all your fire protection needs.
We’re a full-service company, so that means we design and install fire protection systems, recondition old equipment, test and maintain individual components, and repair and replace equipment as needed. In the end, our goal is to keep your military property safe and code compliant.
Fire Protection for Texas Military Properties
Whether you’re building a new military base, expanding your current property or making improvements to increase code compliance, we can help. Here’s a look at the systems we design, install and maintain:
- Fire sprinklers: As the first line of defense against a rogue blaze, fire sprinklers are an essential part of fire safety. We explore every aspect of your military property to determine proper sprinkler head locations, water pressure needs, elevation changes and pipe friction for a professionally designed system. We even offer fire sprinkler monitoring to automatically alert the local fire department if a sprinkler head activates.
- Fire pumps: This integral part of a sprinkler system ensures adequate water pressure if a sprinkler head activates. As we design your property’s fire protection system, we size the fire pump accurately for adequate sprinkler operation in the event of a fire.
- Fire alarms: All commercial buildings require fire alarms for safety purposes. We carefully design each component of your alarm system, from smoke detectors and pull stations to sirens and strobe lights, to ensure every building occupant knows to evacuate if there’s an emergency. In addition to full system design, installation and maintenance, we also offer fire alarm monitoring services.
- Fire extinguishers: Texas fire code requires fire extinguishers to be installed in all commercial buildings. Not only can we help you determine which extinguishers suit your military property’s needs, but we also make sure each canister is installed and maintained properly.
- Fire suppression systems: Military aircraft hangars are a great example of structures that benefit from waterless fire suppression. This type of extinguishing agent utilizes foam to put out fires. With the preservation of expensive, sophisticated equipment on the line, you can’t afford to choose between fire damage and water damage. With this unique fire suppression option, you don’t have to.
- Kitchen fire protection: The mess hall on your military property is a place for servicemen and women to relax and enjoy a good meal. For adequate fire protection, the cooking area requires an automatic kitchen fire suppression system and Class K fire extinguishers. We design code-compliant commercial kitchen systems to protect against fire.
Choose Kauffman Co. for Texas Military Property Fire Protection
To learn more about the fire protection services available from Kauffman Co., please contact us online or call us at 713-893-1090. We offer free consultations so you can feel confident in the services we provide before you commit.
We provide estimates for new and replacement fire protection systems throughout Texas (TX) in:
- Deer Park
- Galena Park
- Jacinto City
- La Marque
- La Porte
- Lake Charles, LA
- Lake Jackson
- League City
- Missouri City
- Port Arthur
- San Antonio
- South Houston
- Sugar Land
- Texas City
- The Woodlands
For more information, contact us online or call us now at (713) 893-1090.
September 6, 2017
How Old Can A Fire Extinguisher Be Without Replacement?
Most fire extinguishers don’t come with expiration dates printed on the canister. This is because their lifespan varies widely depending…
September 5, 2017
When Do I Need Pressure Reducing Valves?
NFPA 14 requires all standpipes installed after 1993 to deliver a minimum residual pressure of 100 pounds per square inch…