Posted on August 5, 2016
/ Our Blog
/ Fire Protection for New Construction Developments in Houston
Fire Protection for New Construction Developments in Houston
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 5000 is an entire book of codes dedicated to ensuring safe, proper building construction. The goal is to “safeguard life, health, property, and public welfare and minimize injuries” by ensuring compliant building practices for homes and businesses.
If you’re in the process of designing a new construction development in Houston, you must abide by NFPA 5000 to ensure public safety and help mitigate fires, but that’s not all. You must also install a properly designed fire protection system. From exit signs and fire alarm pull stations to sprinkler head location and fire suppression systems, make sure your fire protection system is designed correctly the first time around. Then you’ll have no trouble when you open your building to the public.
Fire Protection Systems for New Construction Developments in Houston
With Kauffman Co. by your side, you can receive help planning a professionally designed fire protection system with everything you need for code compliance. Our expertise includes:
- Fire sprinklers: The type of development you’re constructing determines the number and type of fire sprinklers you need. We explore every aspect of your building layout to determine elevation changes, proper sprinkler head locations, water pressure and pipe friction for a properly functioning system. We also offer fire sprinkler monitoring, a service that automatically alerts emergency responders if a sprinkler head activates.
- Fire pumps: All sprinkler systems require a fire pump to ensure adequate water pressure if a sprinkler head activates. As we design your fire protection system, we size this pump accurately so you can be confident the sprinklers will work in the event of a fire.
- Fire alarms: One primary reason to install fire protection equipment is to save lives. With this in mind, no component is more important than the fire alarm to alert building occupants of an emergency. In addition to full system design and installation, we also offer fire alarm system monitoring for additional peace of mind.
- Fire extinguishers: Houston fire code requires certain types of fire extinguishers to be installed on different properties. We can help you determine which extinguishers are suitable for your new construction development and make sure they’re installed with code compliance in mind.
- Fire suppression systems: Many types of commercial buildings benefit from fire suppression that utilizes foam and other clean agents to extinguish fires instead of water. If you have sensitive electrical equipment, computers or historical artifacts to protect from flames, foam fire suppression ensures you don’t have to pick between fire damage and water damage.
- Kitchen fire protection: Restaurants have unique fire protection requirements. Since ordinary sprinklers do no good against cooking fires, automatic kitchen fire suppression systems and Class K fire extinguishers are a must. We design code-compliant commercial kitchen systems to help protect your Houston restaurant from fire.
Contact Kauffman Co. for Fire Protection in Your New Construction Development
With over 35 years of experience providing fire protection services to Houston-area businesses, we have grown into one of the region’s most reliable companies for such services. We’re happy to meet all your fire protection needs, from system design and installation in your new construction development to testing and maintenance in the years to come. Our goal is to keep your building code compliant to avoid costly fines and provide the best possible defense against fires.
Right now, while your building is still in the planning and construction phase, is the best time to get your fire protection system done right. Contact Kauffman Co. online or call us at 713-893-1090 to learn more about our services or to schedule a free fire protection consultation.
We provide estimates for new and replacement fire protection systems throughout Texas (TX) in:
- Deer Park
- Galena Park
- Jacinto City
- La Marque
- La Porte
- Lake Charles, LA
- Lake Jackson
- League City
- Missouri City
- Port Arthur
- San Antonio
- South Houston
- Sugar Land
- Texas City
- The Woodlands
For more information, contact us online or call us now at (713) 893-1090.
December 15, 2017
Do I Need to Clean My Fire Sprinkler System?
The last time you ever thought about your fire sprinkler system was likely during a general company safety briefing or…
December 13, 2017
Can I Paint Around My Fire Sprinkler System?
One of the biggest mistakes homeowners and commercial businesses make when they choose to repaint their properties is accidentally covering…