/ Fire Extinguisher Recharge in Houston, TX
Fire Extinguisher Recharge in Houston, TX
If you already have fire extinguishers installed in your Houston building, you have taken an important step toward protecting life and property if a blaze breaks out. The next step is to keep your extinguishers in proper working order. This involves recharging the canisters as needed so you can always count on them in an emergency.
Looking for a fire extinguisher recharge in Houston? Contact Kauffman Co. at (713) 893-1090 to arrange the services you need.
When to Recharge a Fire Extinguisher
We recommend calling Kauffman Co. right away if any of the following statements are true:
- You recently doused a fire with an extinguisher: By acting fast and using the extinguisher as recommended, you limited the damage to your property and saved lives—well done! Now, it’s time to recharge the fire extinguisher so you aren’t left unprotected if another blaze breaks out.
- You unintentionally discharged a small amount of pressure: It doesn’t matter if you empty a pressurized canister all the way or only discharge it for a moment or two—releasing any pressure makes the extinguisher less effective the next time you use it. Every bit of pressure counts, so even if it was an accident, make sure you have the extinguisher recharged. This way, it will be ready the next time you need it.
- The gauge indicates low pressure: You should inspect your extinguishers once a month, which includes checking the pressure gauge. If you notice the needle pointing to the yellow or red, schedule a fire extinguisher recharge as soon as possible.
- It’s time for six-year maintenance: Dry chemical fire extinguishers should be discharged and tested every six years to ensure the canisters are still structurally sound. Provided they pass the test, you can have your extinguishers recharged and returned to service until the next test six years from now.
Be aware that it’s sometimes necessary to replace your extinguisher rather than recharge it. Here are some examples of when this is true:
- The extinguisher continues to lose pressure, even when it hasn’t been used.
- External components are damaged or missing.
- The inspection tag has been misplaced.
- It’s more economical to replace the extinguisher than recharge it.
- A disposable extinguisher, which can’t be recharged, must be replaced every 12 years to remain in compliance with the National Fire Protection Association.
Convenient Fire Extinguisher Recharge Services in Houston
Your building’s safety and code compliance are our top priorities. With fire extinguisher recharge services from Kauffman Co., you can rest assured that this aspect of your fire protection system is in top working order. Our licensed technicians can recharge your extinguishers as part of your annual fire extinguisher inspection, or you can call us any time for 24-hour emergency fire extinguisher services. When you do, you can request a technician to come to your location, or you can drop your canisters by our Houston office for an immediate recharge.
No matter what option you choose, the team at Kauffman Co. strives to deliver quick, efficient services. Our experienced technicians have the knowledge and training necessary to return your canisters to full operating capacity.
Contact Us for Portable Fire Extinguisher Recharge in Houston, TX
Don’t put your building’s safety on the line by ignoring an extinguisher with a low charge—contact Kauffman Co. and arrange the fire extinguisher recharge services you need. We have over 40 years of experience serving our Houston-area clients with high-quality fire protection services.
Contact us online or call (713) 893-1090 to request fire extinguisher recharge service in Houston.
We provide estimates for new and replacement fire protection systems throughout Texas:
- Deer Park
- Galena Park
- Jacinto City
- La Marque
- La Porte
- Lake Charles, LA
- Lake Jackson
- League City
- Missouri City
- Port Arthur
- San Antonio
- South Houston
- Sugar Land
- Texas City
- The Woodlands
For more information, contact us online or call us now at (713) 893-1090.
October 25, 2019
Fall Fire Safety
Fall can be a great time of year in the Houston area. Most of the heat of summer is gone,…
September 23, 2019
7 Things to Do After a Fire
A fire at a commercial property can create devastating losses for the business owners, as well as uncertainty for employees…