/ Fire Protection Systems for New Construction in Texas
Fire Protection Systems for New Construction in Texas
The National Fire Protection Association has an entire fire code devoted to new building construction requirements to protect the health, safety and welfare of the people inside. In addition to ensuring you construct your building with the proper materials and fire mitigation techniques, it’s also vital to install a properly designed fire protection system. From sprinkler head location to exit lighting to fire extinguisher installation, you must take fire protection seriously to get your building up to code before it opens to the public.
To schedule fire protection design services for your new construction project in the Houston area, call Kauffman Co. at 713-893-1090 today!
Why Choose Kauffman Co. for New Construction Fire Protection Needs?
We boast over 35 years of experience in the fire protection industry. During that time, Kauffman Co. has grown into one of the most reliable fire protection service companies in Houston. We’re able to provide comprehensive services for your new construction project, from design and installation to maintenance and repairs in the coming years.
Your safety is our number one priority. We take pride in our customer-centric approach and will ensure you’re completely satisfied with the design we produce for your building before we implement our plan. No matter what fire protection-related services you need, Kauffman Co. is the company you can trust to take care of it.
Fire Protection Design for New Construction Projects
When we design a fire protection system, we take every component into account, including:
- Fire sprinklers: The number and type of fire sprinklers your building needs depends on what type of facility you operate. We look at every detail of the building, from pipe friction to elevation changes, and design a layout that provides optimal protection from fire.
- Fire pumps: Sprinkler systems rely on a fire pump to ensure the water pressure is high enough to properly extinguish a blaze. During the design process for your new construction project, we size your system’s fire pump accurately so you know your sprinklers will work if a fire starts.
- Fire alarms: When it comes to saving lives, nothing is more important than a properly designed and installed fire alarm system. We carefully configure a design for your new construction building that includes all the components you need, from smoke detectors and pull stations to sirens and strobe lights. We also explain the benefits of fire alarm system monitoring to help you understand the importance of this feature for your building.
- Fire suppression systems: Fire sprinklers aren’t appropriate for rooms that contain computers or other sensitive electrical equipment. For these areas, waterless fire suppression uses foam to smother the flames, leaving behind little to no residue so your equipment remains undamaged. Flammable liquids also require special fire suppression systems to prevent the blaze from spreading.
- Kitchen fire suppression: If your new construction project is a restaurant, count on us to fulfill your commercial kitchen’s special fire suppression requirements. Ordinary sprinklers and extinguishers are not effective against cooking fires, so you need unique kitchen fire protection to put out the flame. We can design your suppression system and fit code-compliant Class K fire extinguishers into the design as well.
Choose Kauffman Co. for Fire Protection in Your New Construction Project
Right now during your building’s construction phase is the easiest time to incorporate the proper fire protection system. Don’t wait for disaster to strike your unprotected building or for a code violation to be filed! Contact Kauffman Co. online or call us at 713-893-1090 to schedule a fire protection consultation today. We’re eager to bring your new building up to code.
We provide estimates for new and replacement fire protection systems throughout Texas (TX) in:
- Deer Park
- Galena Park
- Jacinto City
- La Marque
- La Porte
- Lake Charles, LA
- Lake Jackson
- League City
- Missouri City
- Port Arthur
- San Antonio
- South Houston
- Sugar Land
- Texas City
- The Woodlands
For more information, contact us online or call us now at (713) 893-1090.
October 5, 2017
How to Prevent Property Loss During a Fire
While the ultimate goal is to prevent fires in your home or business, it’s wise to have protective measures in…
October 1, 2017
How to Train Your Employees to Prepare for a Fire
Fire preparedness is vital in all industries. According to the National Fire Protection Association, over 113,000 fires started in non-residential…