Posted on June 9, 2015
/ Fire Sprinkler FAQs
/ Why do I need a fire sprinkler system in my building?
Why do I need a fire sprinkler system in my building?
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), buildings with a working fire sprinkler system see an average property loss and risk of death per fire that is 50 to 66 percentlower than buildings without sprinkler systems. Broken down by industry, civilian deaths in sprinklered buildings between 1989 and 1998 were reduced by:
- 60 percent for manufacturing properties
- 74 percent for stores and offices
- 75 percent for nursing homes
- 91 percent for hotels and motels
- Test your fire sprinkler system monthly by opening the test valve and listening for an alarm bell.
- Know the location of the fire sprinkler system shutoff valve.
- Make sure the fire sprinkler system control valve stays open.
- Have your system reevaluated for needed upgrades when:
- Leave the building and contact the fire department as soon as possible after the fire sprinklers go off, even if it looks like the fire has already been put out.
- Paint the sprinklers.
- Damage sprinklers (report any damage immediately).
- Hang objects from any part of the system.
- Obstruct or cover the sprinklers.
We provide estimates for new and replacement fire protection systems throughout Texas (TX) in:
- Deer Park
- Galena Park
- Jacinto City
- La Marque
- La Porte
- Lake Charles, LA
- Lake Jackson
- League City
- Missouri City
- Port Arthur
- San Antonio
- South Houston
- Sugar Land
- Texas City
- The Woodlands
For more information, contact us online or call us now at (713) 893-1090.
June 24, 2021
Are BBQ Grills Allowed at Apartments in Houston?
If you want to use a BBQ grill at an apartment in Houston, you might fret over whether you might…
May 21, 2021
What Happens During a Fire Alarm Inspection?
Your building’s fire alarm is one of its most important components. Without it, you can place yourself and your building’s…